Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Days 6 & 7

 Day 6

Lately, we’ve seen a few HUGE spiders in our home. Yesterday we were getting ready for bed, I had my contacts out and I’m pretty blind without them. As I was snuggling into the blankets, I looked up and saw a gigantic black blob above my head. If it were up to me, I would kill the dang thing, but my husband is so sweet and literally wouldn’t hurt a fly. Every time we have an insect invader, he catches them and lets them go outside. So, he got a jar so he could catch it... 

The spider moved to the corner where the ceiling meets the wall. That’s like the most difficult place to catch an eight legged beast. As Jon was trying to coax him into the jar, the spider decided that it was time to tuck and dive. He dropped to the floor. I was standing on the bed yelling “Kill it! Kill it!” We were both freaking out because we had no clue where he was. All we knew was that he fell behind our bed. 

This thing moved freakishly fast so I thought he was probably half way to China by now. Jon turned on his phone flash light and dropped to the floor so he could attempt to spot him. He moved a couple boxes around and started banging his phone on the ground screaming “I found him, I got him!” He had located the beast and destroyed him. My hero! I’ve never seen him kill a bug, I think I’m rubbing off on him. Last week I scheduled a time for the bug guy to come spray.  So they came today. Finally!



The rest of the day consisted of running errands (where we saw the pics above), doing laundry and watching my guilty pleasure, The Bachelorette. The sugar cravings were much better today. Thank heavens! I can’t believe we’re past the halfway mark! We’re doing awesome!

Day 7

Last night I had a dream that I had a big bowl of Halloween candy in front of me. I mean, this thing was overflowing with goodies. I ate the whole dang thing! In my dream, I felt so sick after eating it. I felt sluggish, I had a stomachache, I couldn’t concentrate and I gained 20 lbs. It was horrible! I was so glad when I woke up! I felt fabulous. (This is a pic of my in-law's dog at Halloween time)



I have been waking up with so much more energy! My thoughts are more clear and focused. Before I was in this sugar detox, I didn’t even realize that I was in a brain fog. I guess you never really know you’re in one, until it’s lifted. I feel amazing! And the best part? I’m not constantly thinking about my next sugar fix. I don’t feel like a slave anymore! We can do this! I believe in you! You are spectacular and unique and incredible! Never forget that!

P.S. If you want in on the action, it's not too late and it's easy! Just write me on Facebook.  (For some reason, comments on my blog aren't coming through. I'm working on it though.)

No comments:

Post a Comment