Thursday, June 19, 2014

Road Trip!

My hubby and I went on a little road trip these past few days. He needed to go to southern Oregon for work and I was able to tag along. It was such a blast! Oregon really is an incredibly gorgeous state. I was in awe at the scenery that surrounded us pretty much the entire time.

I knew that we were going to be taking this trip, and I wanted to be prepared because, let's face it, it can be difficult trying to find healthy food on the road. Saturday we went to farmer's market and picked up some beautiful bright red strawberries, delectable white raspberries, the sweetest rainbow of cherry tomatoes, juicy rainier cherries, and fresh little carrots. We went to the store and grabbed some raw nuts, Dave's killer bread, peanut butter (only ingredient is peanuts...yum) and some raw, local honey. I snacked on PB&H and all my other lovelies on the road. I was in heaven!

On our way down south, we were able to take a detour and see Crater Lake. It's incredible! It's actually a volcano and when it erupted a few thousand years ago, it lost too much magma, rendering it unstable so it caved in on itself and naturally filled up with water. The water is a combination of the prettiest blues I've ever seen! We weren't able to get as many pictures as we wanted though, both of our phones died because it was so cold! Here's our adventure:


For some reason everywhere we went, almost all the hotels were booked solid. Crazy! The last night was the most difficult but, we finally found a hotel. It was pretty sketchy. It definitely had a slight serial killer vibe. We said a prayer that we wouldn't get murdered in our sleep and went to bed. Luckily, we're still here!

Road trips are fun, but it's true that there's no place like home. I loved snuggling up in my bed last night! I've missed cooking...and it wasn't even a super long road trip. I'm trying a new recipe tonight, I'll let you know how it goes and post it tomorrow if it's a keeper!

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like you had so much fun! I love the video!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So hard to find good food on the road, great ideas!

    ReplyDelete